Nominations for the 2021-2022 Pastoral Council
Our parish is continually blessed to have parishioners who are willing to serve in our mission “to restore all things in Christ.” In that tradition we ask that you prayerfully consider nominating those who you believe would be willing to serve on the Pastoral Council. You may nominate yourself as well! We are seeking four new members to serve a one, two or three year term beginning July 1, 2021.
WHAT DOES THE COUNCIL DO? The Council assists the Pastor in formulating policy and pastoral planning for the entire parish. This is done through the process of communal discernment, including prayerful reflection, gathering of information and shared wisdom.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
- Members must be baptized, practicing Catholics; 18 years of age or older; and registered parishioners.
- The By-Laws of the Pastoral Council suggest that members should have talents that can contribute to the work of the Council, and that the overall membership of the Council represents the entirety of the parish.
WHAT IS THE TIME COMMITMENT FOR MEMBERS?
- Members will be asked to commit to a 1, 2 or 3 year term beginning July 1, 2021.
- Attend one Pastoral Council meeting per month, usually on the fourth Tuesday at 7:00 PM.
- Attend the Annual Discernment Meeting.
- Attend the Commission meeting where the member serves as the appointed Chairperson, or attend the meeting to which they have been appointed to serve as Liaison.
- Participate in other activities as agreed upon.
HOW CAN I LEARN MORE?
To learn more about the work of the Council and the Discernment process we encourage you contact a Pastoral Council member. Their photos and contact information are posted on our parish website.
WHEN IS DISCERNMENT?
Discernment will be online/virtual and take place on Saturday, June 5 from 9:30 – 11:30 AM.
To make a nomination, complete the form below and forward it to the Parish Office. It must arrive no later than May 9. Thank you for your participation in this important process.